by: Scott Swanson
What can I read to learn the fundamentals of marketing to the enterprise?
It’s worth noting that very little about this article is original thinking — I will cite references where applicable, but most everything else draws on the content I’ve consumed, my direct experiences, and the experience of the exceptional people I’ve worked with and for over the course of my career.
My most substantive thinking comes from these 3 books:
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
- Good Strategy / Bad Strategy: The Difference and Why It Matters
- Traction: How Any Startup Can Achieve Explosive Customer Growth
- The Challenger Customer: Selling to the Hidden Influencer Who Can Multiply Your Results
- Revenue Engine: Why Revenue Performance Management is the Next Frontier of Competitive Advantage